Sunset on Chestnut Hill Reservoir. Oct 2012.
- Eat dinner together as a family on most nights. No TV. No cellphones. No distractions.
- Drink alcohol only 3 nights a week (I've gotten a little too comfortable with the nightly adult beverages).
- Run an ultra-marathon.
- Complete the Whole30 program within the next six months.
- Read 10 books this year with at least 3 being nonfiction.
- Be an example to my little sponge of a daughter. No bickering, fighting or swearing while her ears are listening. And maybe no bickering or fighting in general (swearing OK :).
- Delete my Facebook account. Focus on building genuine and sustaining friendships.
- When fed up in my role as a mom, remember that this little human is learning how to react and behave based on how I react and behave. Enjoy this emotional and curious and limit-testing stage in her life.
- Dates with Lee at least twice a month. Runs. Bike rides. Drinks. Movies. Dinners.
- And finally... Let loose of what I can't control. Serenity will be mine.
P.S. Looking back... 2013. 2012. 2011.
Weekly Workouts: Monday - CrossFit Edmonton! 2 minute AMRAP double-unders (84), then reps of 10-8-6-4-2 of deadlifts (125lbs) + box jumps (20 inches) with a sled drag between sets (65lbs). Then 10 sets of 3 push press at 75% of 1-rep max (85lbs), then 50 ab-mat sit-ups. Tuesday - Easy day at the pool with 10 minutes of treading water + 8 stair climbs to the indoor slide. Wednesday - Happy New Year with a rest day! Thursday - Run! 6.8 miles/59 minutes. Friday - TRX + push-ups and sit-ups (TBD).