Mt Timpanogos. August 2010.
Here they are... my resolutions for the new year.
- Read more. At least ten books in 2013.
- Be less defensive (this is a big one for me).
- Work out on most days of the week.
- Be present! Focus on the here and now. No ruminating on the past! No living in the future!
- Enroll in a master's in nursing program, maybe?! Eek.
- Own less stuff! Buy things of quality. Buy American.
- Pay more attention to the kitties.
- Proactively keep the house clean! A little bit every day makes the big jobs easier.
- Ten pull-ups without help by the end of the year!
- Focus on quality time when interacting with Alice. Limit the multi-tasking.
- And one more, for good measure... hoping for round two!
This is a great list of resolutions, but Masters and round two?! That sounds a like a lot of work, but totally doable. My friend worked on her phd while pregnant & then with a newborn, plus she had a school age kid as well. It can be done.ReplyDelete
Your resolution about being less defensive has really made me think. I get so defensive about even the smallest things. I may need to add this one to my list.
Happy New Year & thank you so much for your friendship this past year, it's been wonderful xx
So scared of round two myself! My sis-in-law got her Master's with two kids under the age of five. I thought she was crazy at the time, but now it makes so much sense. You are going to be busy now or in 5 years or in 10 years no matter what so why wait?ReplyDelete
I really enjoy reading your blog and your honest comments on motherhood.
Wow, those are great resolutions. I'm not as well organized as you are... so that may be one of mine.ReplyDelete
Round two?!? That is exciting. And going back to school... You are ambitious.
I guess my other resolution is to not judge people, there is always another side to the story and for everyone that I need to keep in mind.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year. Keep up the good work. xo
two under two - you are a brave, brave woman :)ReplyDelete
I am crossing my fingers for you :)