It's time. I believe that by broadcasting my New Year's resolutions, I am making myself accountable to make them happen over the next year. Here they are. My resolutions for 2012.
- Watch less TV. It is doing nothing for me.
- Enjoy the next two child-free months with my husband.
- Embrace motherhood and know that it will be difficult and rewarding and probably nothing like I expect. Cherish the unexpected.
- Take back my body from pregnancy. Pure Barre. Marathons (maybe another ultra). Yoga and Pilates. Road biking.
- Slow down. Live in the present. When our wee one arrives, I want to enjoy every minute of her and of our new little family.
- Buy less stuff. Buy things of quality. Buy American.
- Take a photography class. Step out of my comfort zone.
- Learn to knit. Learn to sew. Learn to can.
- Expand on making more things from scratch.
- Continue to blog consistently. Blog more honestly. About challenges and triumphs. About the little things that, if not written down, I'd completely forget. Just like Ferris Bueller says, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
I love love love your resolutions. I seriously watch so much tv and it's such a waste, I know it. There are tons of books I want to read, I just need to start reading more.ReplyDelete
Making things in the kitchen is super therapeutic. It's kind of random but I want to tackle making my own barbecue sauce because the stuff in bottles is full of high fructose corn syrup and sugar.
Anyway, looking forward to you blogging your journey in 2012 with a wee one!
I love your resolutions too. Especially the Ferris Bueller quote. 2011 was a horrible year but to some level I did miss quite a lot of opportunities from it. This year I'm planning on being more of a 'yes' person and saying yes to things that are outside of my comfort zone.ReplyDelete
You have some really great resolutions! I'm betting with your newest arrival coming soon that this will be your best year yet! Happy New Years!ReplyDelete