Remember those beets we bought on our leaf-peeping adventure? Um, ya. They were still sitting in our fridge last night. So I put those beets out of their misery and roasted the hell out of 'em. Oh man, were they good. And so easy to make. Here you go:
- Preheat oven to 375F. Wash and dry the beets, cut off greens.
- Make a foil pouch big enough to hold the beets.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Seal up foil pouch and roast 25-35 minutes, or until tender.
- When cooled, peel off outer skin using pairing knife or your fingers.
- Slice, dice, or eat whole... enjoy!
And another delicious fall time recipe? Pumpkin Pie smoothie! I saw this recipe on a blog that I read and I had to try it! No joke. It tastes just like fresh pumpkin pie. And so refreshing. In a blender, add the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup organic pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute of your choice)
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or add pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-5 ice cubes.
I've been running tons of fun errands today. I've been to Sephora! I've been to Saks! I've been to Hunt's Camera! And I've been to the Blick Art Store! I'm feeling crafty again. I'm going to spend the next few hours crafting it up and documenting it for your pleasure. Let's hope what I'm planning on making actually turns out.
Pumpkin pie. Love it or hate it? Love it. With a huge dollop of whipped cream. And Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Yes, please!