- Alice and I had a mommy/daughter weekend as my husband was out of town to help with some family matters. I have to say that, on Friday, I was
sort oftotally dreading being all alone for four whole days with no help whatsoever but it turned out great. We spent a lot of time playing in her room as the weather was drippy but the rain eventually let up and we finally got outside.
- The leaves are starting to turn near our house. We live close to a reservoir and it is perfect for our nightly walk. And those swans?! Alice and I watched them for quite some time and I told her all about the swans I saw there last year. What is so crazy is that I took an almost identical photo exactly one year ago today. Since swans mate for life, maybe they are the same ones!
- After Alice went to bed I enjoyed take-out sushi with a glass of wine and the movie Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. So hard to watch. I hope Alice never has to deal with anything so tragic in her lifetime.
- I hadn't been running in a few days and I felt moody and sluggish as a result. So on Sunday, despite the rain, I went for a quick five-mile run with Alice tucked snugly under the storm cover. I may have complained about that stroller initially, but it has grown on me. And now the weather is no excuse for me not to go running!
- The sunset was phenomenal on Sunday night. This picture is straight out of my iPhone. No tinkering. No filters. No Photoshop. It was just that beautiful out there. And I almost didn't bring my DSLR on that evening walk. Thank god I did. More pictures from that walk later in the week.