I made this super easy chicken orzo soup on Soup-er Bowl Sunday (lame!). I used that shredded chicken recipe
from a few weeks back (just sub sage/thyme/rosemary/salt for the chili powder) and then I did this:
Super Easy Chicken Orzo Soup (makes 4 large servings):
- 1 lbs shredded chicken, cooked (using this recipe with the above substitution)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 or so carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 or so celery stalks, chopped
- 2 or so cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 - 32 oz boxes low sodium chicken broth (minus 1 cup used for the shredded chicken)
- 1 or so cups orzo
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute the vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in the shredded chicken, along with any remaining liquid. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil (at this point, you can reduce the heat, cover and simmer for any given amount of time... just don't add the pasta yet!). Add the orzo and cook according to package directions. Ladle in a large bowl, s&p to taste and serve with buttered toast. Share, if you must.
Super easy. Super healthy. Super good.
WOW yum! definitely going to make this! thanks! xoReplyDelete