(The picturesque South End. When I win the lottery....)
What a day! And what weather! I think we both lost at least 5 lbs from walking all over Boston and sweating our you-know-whats off. But it was so much fun! Here is our day in a list... and pictures (please excuse the greasy/sweaty faces... hello humidity!).
- Brunch at the Beehive with the cutest couple, C & G. We sat outside. We sweated. We probably got sunburned. The food was delicious, though!
- Walked thru the South End and the quaint Bay Village. If I had 5 million dollars, I'd totally live there.
- Trolley Tour! So fun. And such a good way to see the city. And so informative! Did you know that the 'Old Ironsides' resides in Boston harbor?
- Walked thru the North End and, of course, stopped at Mike's Pastry for cannolis and a whoopie pie!! Um, hi. Have you had a whoopie pie before? They are nothing short of amazing (and worth every sugary calorie).
- Walked along the Freedom Trail (backwards, I guess) and enjoyed the breeze and shade of the tall buildings.
- And now.... leftovers from last night's delicious dinner and the movie 'Up.' I always cry in the beginning of this movie (I'm emotional like that).
(Spring babies. The momma goose was giving me the 'evil eye.')
Do you wear sunscreen? Always. I always wear at least SPF 50 on my face (which I remembered to apply today) but I FORGOT TO PUT SUNSCREEN ON MY BODY! Duh. So after brunch (and after sitting outside for an hour) we stopped at CVS and picked up some cancer-and-wrinkle prevent-er. I am so smart... S-M-R-T!!