(The picturesque South End. When I win the lottery....)
What a day! And what weather! I think we both lost at least 5 lbs from walking all over Boston and sweating our you-know-whats off. But it was so much fun! Here is our day in a list... and pictures (please excuse the greasy/sweaty faces... hello humidity!).
- Brunch at the Beehive with the cutest couple, C & G. We sat outside. We sweated. We probably got sunburned. The food was delicious, though!
- Walked thru the South End and the quaint Bay Village. If I had 5 million dollars, I'd totally live there.
- Trolley Tour! So fun. And such a good way to see the city. And so informative! Did you know that the 'Old Ironsides' resides in Boston harbor?
- Walked thru the North End and, of course, stopped at Mike's Pastry for cannolis and a whoopie pie!! Um, hi. Have you had a whoopie pie before? They are nothing short of amazing (and worth every sugary calorie).
- Walked along the Freedom Trail (backwards, I guess) and enjoyed the breeze and shade of the tall buildings.
- And now.... leftovers from last night's delicious dinner and the movie 'Up.' I always cry in the beginning of this movie (I'm emotional like that).
(Spring babies. The momma goose was giving me the 'evil eye.')
Do you wear sunscreen? Always. I always wear at least SPF 50 on my face (which I remembered to apply today) but I FORGOT TO PUT SUNSCREEN ON MY BODY! Duh. So after brunch (and after sitting outside for an hour) we stopped at CVS and picked up some cancer-and-wrinkle prevent-er. I am so smart... S-M-R-T!!
I cried at the beginning of "Up" too! Sounds like you are having a great weekend!ReplyDelete
Cupcakes and muffins would be my faves.
I am obsessed with cupcakes and soft cookies make my heart melt. I also love carrot cake (does that count as a bakery item?)...and freshly baked bread. Mmmm!ReplyDelete
I try to remember to wear sunscreen but sometimes it slips when I don't thing the sun is that strong. Huge mistake. Perma-socks...
I love scones and croissants (especially chocolate ones!)ReplyDelete
I always wear sunscreen on my face, but sometimes I'm not so great about the rest of my body!
Cupcakes from Sweet in the Back Bay and Whoopie Pies from Mikes. No resistance whatsoever!ReplyDelete
Awesome photos, Briana. I love how you see the world!
Amazing photos..Thanks for this nice post.ReplyDelete