The makings for a delicious salsa.
Our Labor Day weekend seemed packed to the gills with a bachelorette picnic, a wedding in Deer Valley, a trip to the farmer's market, demolishing walls in a friends' new house, replanting my succulents (I'd killed a few) and a family dinner at my mom's. It's only Tuesday and I feel like I need the weekend to be here so that we can relax! But, with the colder months just around the corner (the leaves have started to change in our canyons!), I am embracing the busy days as I know once the snow falls and the temperatures drop, our days will slow down.
Peach season is in full force here in Utah and I am trying to find as many ways as possible to eat them while they are available. Lee has been making this blackberry and peach salsa for a few years now and, with a bachelorette picnic to attend, I decided to make it as my dish to share. And I was able to find all of the ingredients for this salsa (minus the lime) at our Downtown SLC Farmers Market!! Be still my locavore heart.
Blackberry + Peach Salsa (makes approx 3 cups)
- 3 ripe peaches, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cups blackberries (the more ripe, the better), cut in half
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2-1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Place all of the above ingredients (except for the jalapeño and salt) in a bowl and mix. Start adding the jalapeño in small batches and taste test to get desired level of heat. And remember, jalapeño can start tasting hotter as it sits in the salsa so go easy! Once you've found a heat you are comfortable with, add the salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for no more than a day or two. It is delicious served with tortilla chips or on fish or just by the spoonful. Trust me, it'll be gone in no time.
How was your Labor Day weekend? Busy?!
Weekend Workouts: Saturday & Sunday - Not a damn thing. And I felt terribly both mentally and physically for it! Back at it this week.
Blackberry + Peach Salsa. Beautiful & delicious!
Sounds awesome!! What a great idea!ReplyDelete
The salsa looks delicious. I love peaches. Thanks for sharing. xoReplyDelete
That looks amazing! I'm totally making this!ReplyDelete
This sounds so great that I'm bummed I've already eaten all my blackberries and most of the peaches I picked up at the market yesterday! Hopefully the peaches will stick around another week or two to give this a shot!ReplyDelete