Since Lee is out of town, I can eat whatever I want for dinner. Peanut butter puff cereal? Yep. Egg & cheese English muffin? You betcha. Baked butternut squash with salt & pepper and a slab of butter? Of course!
You see, Lee doesn't love the fall-time vegetables. That's okay. We all have things we don't like to eat (me = raisins in baked goods). So what better time to indulge in one of my favorite dishes than when he's out of town?! I had this for dinner last night and I'm having it again tonight. It is just so good.
Baked Butternut Squash:
- Pre-heat over to 400 F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds/guts.
- Pierce with a fork 4 to 5 times and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a slab or two (or three) of butter.
- Grab a fork and eat it right out of the rind. If you must, share the other half.
What is your favorite fall-time vegetable? All the squashes! My mom used to make delicious spaghetti squash when we were kids. I'll have to make that for dinner on Wednesday night before Lee gets home!