(Muttart Conservatory. Edmonton, Alberta. Canada)
Rules for being Human.
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it but it will be yours for the entire period this time around. Give yourself a break and love what you've been given.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informational school called 'life.' Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant or stupid. It doesn't matter. Learn them.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error... a form of experimentation. The 'failed' experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately 'work.'
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- 'There' is no better then 'here.' When your 'there' has become a 'here,' you will simply obtain another 'there,' which will (again!) look better than 'here.'
- Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects in you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you... the choice is yours.
- Your answers lie inside of you. The answers to life's questions are right there... all you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
- This is your life. Right now. So go live it.
(See the canola fields in the distance? Tune in tomorrow for more...)
Non-Garmin stats (from yesterday): Driving range! Bucket o' balls! And then TRX. And lunges. And more upper body with farm equipment weights (for real). And I'm sore today. Love it!