Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What just happened?

To say that I'm freaking out is an understatement.  Wow.  We're really moving.  I actually have a knot in my stomach right now thinking about it.  We. Are. Moving. To. Boston.  I mean, I AM excited but I am also insanely nervous/anxious/scared about making such a big move.  I guess before today the thought of 'Oh ya, we're moving to Boston' would just sort of roll off my tongue and I didn't really think much about what we are actually doing.  Leaving our beautiful loft in downtown S.L.C.  Leaving the friends both new and old that I have loved having back in my life.  Leaving my family.  Leaving our mountain bike and running trails.  There is so much that I already miss about this place and we haven't even left yet.

I'm actually really scared to move to Boston.  There.  I said it.  New people. New job. New coast. New everything.

At least I have Lee.  Thank god for that.  We'll have each other.

Enough with the deep thoughts... here's some photos of our moving day.

These snow photos were actually taken yesterday but they were too pretty not to post.  I took them on the roof of our building... someday this 'roof' will be a rooftop garden.  Our developers have been saying this for 3 years.  I'm not holding my breath.

These next pictures are during the moving process.  Man, those movers are efficient!  I asked if I could help and they were like 'bitch, please 'No thank you, Ma'am. We have a system and we do this all the time.'  I was like 'Oh snap.' and got out of their way.  Actually they were very sweet peeps.  They were a husband and wife team from Colorado and then some local big dude with muscles to do the heavy lifting.  We got to know each other quite well.

 (The T.V. was packed first. They packed that thing in a fort!)
(Stuff. Waiting to get packed. By experts.)

(Our bedroom... all packed up and ready to go.)

(Our place was wall-to-wall boxes at one point.)

Seriously, these guys worked fast.  They got there around 9:30 (T.V. movers came at 8:30 A.M.) and started packing at 10 A.M.... and were done by 1:30 P.M.  Like totally done.  Like we were standing in an empty loft by 1:30 P.M.  Totally crazy. 

 (I LOOOOOOVE this brick wall. And I will miss it.)

(Can you see the little eyes? This is were the cats spent the entire day.)

(Nothing left but Lee & the litter box.)
Now all that is left in our place is our bed, a bookshelf, a kitty toilet, and Lee's desk all of which are staying here in S.L.C.  Oh and the cats.  They will be staying here for two more weeks and then (gulp) I'm flying back to get them and I'll fly them first class to Boston!!  I'm kidding about the 'first class' part.  They actually specifically DO NOT allow animals in first class, which I think kind of rocks given how nutso people are with their pets these days. 

So now we have an empty place, no T.V., barely any food, and nothing besides the bed to sit on.  I think it's time to go to the Beerhive and drown my sorrows in an Oatmeal Stout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...