I was perusing some blogs while *ahem* bored at work and I stumbled across some friends I haven't seen or spoken to in years (isn't the blogging/internet world great for catching up/spying on people?). All of your blogs are so cute!! It almost makes me want to have kids so I can have more fun stuff to talk about... almost!
So a few of you have cute lists of things about yourselves that I enjoyed reading and I thought since I am *ahem* bored at the moment, I'd try one, too. Here is a list of random things about me that you may or may not know.
- I don't have a middle name but my other 3 siblings do!! I was always jealous growing up that I didn't have one so some elementary school friends (Angela and Lindsey) gave me an "L" middle name so my initials would be "B.L.T."
- I still wear my bottom retainer at night... it stresses me out when I don't wear it because I am convinced my teeth are getting crooked.
- I could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- I rarely cook a 'real' meal for only myself... see #3.
- I have 2 black cats. Their names are 'big kitty' and 'little kitty.'
- I'm obsessed with the idea of buying a house and am saving ALL the money I can to buy within the next year... in Utah, of course.
- It took me 10 years to finish college.. with a 4 year hiatus in the middle.
- I am finally an R.N.
- I do NOT have cute feet. And I don't like people looking at them!
- I got my first 'mani/pedi' only just last year.
- I was a vegetarian for over 7 years but ate steak while in Argentina. Hello? It's Argentina.
- I now eat beef occasionally from sustainable and local farms. Ask me about my argument of why eating beef is environmentally better than eating fish.
- I kind of hate working night shift but I love the pay increase from day shift.
- Sometimes I don't think I know enough to be a nurse.
- I've never lived in a house with a dishwasher.
- I can't stomach the idea of going back to school but I someday want to get my Doctorate in Nursing so that I can be a professor... and be Dr. Terry.
- I don't dye my hair.
- I hated my hair color in elementary, jr. high, and high school. I made my mom buy me brown-tinted shampoo to lessen the red. Now I love it and people ask me, " Who does your color?"
- I have no self-control with candy.
- I am a little obsessed with recycling and being environmentally friendly... I am anti-plastic.
- I drive a car that runs on biodiesel... fuel made from vegetable oil. No, I do not make it myself. Yes, it smells like french fries when I turn on my car.
- My car isn't a 'hippie' car but a cute 2002, red TDI Jetta. No modifications to make it run on biodiesel, either!
- I am now coming to terms with the fact that I do, in fact, want to have kids someday.
- I love draft beer... I do not discriminate when it comes to beer. If it's from a tap, I love it.
- I cut my own bangs when they start to get too long. Sometimes they don't turn out so cute.
- I listen to NPR pretty much every day.
- I just bought my first 'Real Simple' magazine and I loved it. New subscriber.
- Go Obama.
- I am too impatient for yoga.
- After my next marathon, I am going to try Pilates. I hope I'm not too impatient for that!
- I drink a lot of caffeine at work. A LOT!
- I really want to have my own garden. The book 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' is changing my life. Seriously.
- I enjoy a Starbucks latte but I can't support that company!
- Same with McDonalds. LOVE their breakfast but don't love the company.
- I wish I could travel for a living.
- I get defensive pretty easily.
- Now that I work nights, I can pretty much fall asleep whenever, where ever.
- I wish I could eat whatever I want without the 'food guilt' or the fat ass!
- I totally envy my sisters for SO MANY reasons: Kristen for her amazing creativity and ability to look good in ANYTHING she puts on and Amanda for being one of the funniest people I know and for being 22, done with college, lived in Brasil for a year now living in San Fran... and both of them are kicking ass. I wish I were more like both of them.
- I love watching the presidential debates and, in fact, I love to debate as well... but only with people who aren't sore losers when they feel like the argument isn't going their way. I like to argue for arguments' sake... not to win or lose.
- I secretly TiVo 'the Hills' and I watch it every week. Why is that show so addicting? (I hope I'm not the only one!)
- I'm not that computer savvy at times... like right now, I can't make the spaces equal between the numbers when it was working perfectly 5 minutes ago.
- Sometimes I wonder how all of you moms have kids, manage a household, and still manage to look adorable. I don't have any of those things and sometimes I don't look even marginally cute.
- I only buy cereal that is on sale.
- If I have candy at work, I usually won't share it. I hoard my candy like it's crack... well, it pretty much is my crack.
- I'm debating having liposucton/lipo-zap on my inner thighs. Thoughts?
- I think #46 stems from living in L.A. for 7 years.
- I really want to move home but I really am not excited about the pay for nurses in Utah. I think I got paid more when I worked as a make-up artist at Saks 5th Avenue in Beverly Hills.
- Seeing service dogs, such as seeing-eye dogs, always gets me choked up. Something about seeing an animal selflessly doing something like helping a person with everyday stuff is such a tear-jerker for me... Hallmark commercial style.
- I can't believe that I actually rambled on for 50 numbers. I hope I didn't bore anyone to tears.
So anyway, if any of you are inclined to make such a list, I would love to read it so that I can know a bit more about my wonderful friends.
I don't have 50 exciting things to say, but I loved reading yours. I am anti-lipo for you. You've always had good legs...and think of the down-time you'll have from running.ReplyDelete
I agree with Anne...Your legs are beautiful! Don't change but secretly I have the same wish. I have always hated my inner thighs. I loved reading your fifty things, your amazing.ReplyDelete
I love the new look too!ReplyDelete
B- you are so creative!! I loved your fifty facts about you!! You forgot a few things...you are a kickass rollerblader, you introduced me to artichokes, you laugh your head off at the movie "Silence of the Lambs", I could actually go on & on with funny memories of you!! I LOVE YOU!!ReplyDelete
I'm inspired, might have to do the 50 just to see if I can come up with that many... I don't know if I know myself that well!ReplyDelete
Ok, lipo... I used to do that for my JOB. Lots of pros and cons, but it's definitely worth some emailing first. I'll give you the deets so you're INFORMED before you could possibly end up DEFORMED. Lots of times it goes well, but lots of times ladies end up lumpy. Ya have to do your knees too if you do any part of your thighs... kinda tricky. Call me and we'll talk!
I think anyone who can run a marathon has to have GREAT legs! And, I too think you're hair color is AWESOME! Wish I thought mine was lately!
We are headed your direction pronto! Adam got a job in LA, so we're moving there this week! Once we get settled, we have got to get together. Can't wait!
You're super interesting and that was fun to read! Your California perpective reminded me about something I read in a farm magazine and you've inspired me to blog about it. Stop by mine soon.ReplyDelete
ps - I always loved your hair!
Bre, I just found your blog. Hope you're doing well! I love your list, I'm not sure I could come up with that many things about myself, maybe I should try.ReplyDelete